Advanced Urban Governance Programme
Be part of our unique leaders' retreat
15 June – 4 July 2020
Due to the COVID-19 out-break, we regret to inform that this programme will be rescheduled to 2021. Please stay tuned for the new dates.
The Advanced Urban Governance Programme (AUGP) is a unique Leaders' retreat – comprising a carefully selected group of primarily mayors and city leaders, with participation of senior leaders from the private sector, academia, NGOs and International Organisations.
PDF Size: 1.08 MB
Download AUGP Brochure
Cities are at the vanguard of facing and solving some of the most pressing challenges facing humanity like climate change, social cohesion and technological disruptions. More than half the world now live in cities — and this number will increase to two-thirds by 2050.
Many megacities are rising in Asia and elsewhere. However, governing cities to be liveable and sustainable is one of the most complex jobs.
Unlike in the business world where businesses schools and advanced management programmes exist, there are no training programmes for those who are or are about to become mayors and city leaders.
Singapore’s Centre for Liveable Cities (CLC) aims to fill this gap with the inaugural Advanced Urban Governance Programme (AUGP).
CLC will build on its repertoire of practical knowledge in running its renowned Leaders in Urban Governance Programmes over the last decade, attended by over 2,000 global city leaders.
Why choose AUGP
Leaders participating in the AUGP will have the opportunity to:
Study case studies on both Singapore and other cities, led by practitioners
Interact with leading thought leaders and practitioners in the urban governance sector
Participate in in-depth study tours and intensive workshops to tackle challenging real-world city projects
The AUGP curriculum is made up of four components.
The four components will cover a range of topics (subject to modification) such as:
|Case Studies of Cities Led by Practitioners
||Urban Conversations with Thought Leaders
||Experience Singapore: From Plans to Reality
||Workshops & Showcases
- Land Acquisition & Sales, Urban Redevelopment
- Arts, Heritage & Tourism Conservation
- Sustainable Environment
- Greening & Biodiversity Conservation
- Industrial Infrastructure
- Financing a City
- Technology & the City
- Cities in Focus by international organisation/NGO
- Global Power Relations
- Urban Governance in a Complex World
- Global Politics of Southeast Asia
- Intelligent Planning - Value, Science and Art
- International Case Studies
- Cities for People
- Dialogue with Member of Parliament
- Planning for Communities
- Climate Change & Resilience
- Competition in a Global World
- In-conversation: Singapore and the World
- City Management & Administration, Public Private Partnership
- Governance and Leading a City
- City Planning & Urban Design
- International Case Studies
- Conversation with Political Office Holder
- Public Agencies: collaborative projects showcasing the case studies
- Technological projects
- Private Sector Initiatives
- NGO / Community Engagement
- Workshop at Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore
- Workshop at Lee Kuan Yew Centre of Innovative Cities, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Workshop at Nanyang Centre for Public Administration, Nanyang Technological University
- Workshop at School of Design & Environment, National University of Singapore
- City Showcases (TBC)
Who Should Attend
A minimum of 10 years of professional or management experience in city development
City leaders and public officials at mayoral level / C-suite leaders from the private sector, international organisations and NGOs / senior academics
Fluency in spoken and written English
The AUGP is open to all nationalities.
NOTICE: Due to the rescheduling of the AUGP to 2021, the application and admission process is now temporarily paused. However, you may still register your interest by sending an email to Ter_YANG_GOH_from.TP@mnd.gov.sg. When the rescheduled dates are confirmed, you will be informed to submit your application.