Temasek Foundation International Leaders in Urban Governance Programme
The Temasek Foundation International Leaders in Urban Governance Programme (TFILUGP) is an exclusive 5-day mayoral programme. Practitioner-focused and action-oriented, the programme allows international participants to learn how Singapore overcame its challenges through a whole-of-government approach to create a highly dense yet highly liveable city.
Indian Town and Country planners visiting Singapore’s waterfront after a cruise down the Singapore River.
Participants on a walkabout at a typical housing estate in Singapore.
Participants exploring Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park
Participants outside of the Woodlands MRT Station
Through seminars, panel discussions, site visits and dialogue sessions, the programme explores these key themes:
- Integrated long-term planning
- Liveable high-density communities
- Governance & infrastructure
- Sustainable development
- Competitive economy
- Sharing of best practices and insights into Singapore’s development strategies
- Exclusive dialogues with past and present Singapore leaders
- Expert-mentored action planning session for submitted projects to be implemented over one year
- Networking and peer learning with experts and participating city leaders
- Site visits to experience urban solutions first-hand
“The presentation and case studies by the experts were well-done.”
Pasang Dorji, then Executive Secretary of Thimpu, Bhutan (TFILUGP 2016 alumni)
“The breadth of topics and programme structure were just right to provide a broad understanding without being too overwhelming… Learning by seeing was very insightful.”
Aidos Zhexenbay, Vice-Chairman, Almaty City Development Centre, Kazakhstan (TFILUGP 2016 alumni)
“I really appreciate the experience and learnt a lot.”
Chen Fugui, Executive Vice Mayor, Guangzhou Municipal Government, China (TFILUGP 2014 alumni)
“The programme will be useful for local city planning and administration for sustainable development.”
Burla Ramanjaneyulu, then Commissioner, Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation, India (TFILUGP 2012 alumni)
- Participants must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Participants’ proposed projects must be relevant to creating highly dense yet liveable cities
Sponsorship from Temasek Foundation International for the TFILUGP programme fee is available for selected participants that meet eligibility criteria. This is inclusive of programme materials, official meals, airport transfers and hotel accommodation in Singapore.
Cities are invited to nominate teams headed by a city leader (governor/mayor/municipal commissioner) together with two other senior officials responsible for urban planning, development and governance. Cities are required to submit a concept paper on a project related to a challenge they wish to address over the course of a year, for the action planning sessions.
Size: 2.29 MB
Download TFILUGP Brochure
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about the next course dates or to apply.
In partnership with: