The CLC PhD Fellowship is a research programme open to new and promising PhD graduates from reputable and established universities to:
1. Support and/or supervise ongoing research projects at CLC
2. Propose and lead relevant research projects at CLC
3. Produce relevant materials for publication, attend research workshops and symposiums, and assist in other key areas of CLC's work.
Terms and Conditions
CLC PhD Fellows will be offered competitive remuneration in the form of a monthly honorarium.
Fellowships will last over a period of six months to one year, with the possibility of renewal for a second term not exceeding one year. Where appropriate or available, additional support will be provided for field research activities, conference attendance and other travel expenses incurred during the Fellowship.
1. Possess a relevant PhD from a reputable and established university awarded no more than three years
prior to the time of application
2. Preferably possess a record of relevant scholarly publications
3. Possess fluency in the English Language for speaking, reading and writing
4. Be below the age of 40.
The CLC PhD Fellowship Programme is open to all qualified applicants from a broad range of disciplines, as long as relevance can be established.
Preference will be accorded to applicants with educational and research competencies that have strong linkage or overlap with urban or city-based studies and its various sub-fields. Although not exhaustive, these include the environmental, social-cultural, geographical, historical, technological, design, policy, infrastructural and governance aspects of such research,
Applicants should complete and submit the following documents via email to Ms Norlita Hamzah (firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curriculum Vitae
- A minimum of two academic referee letters emailed directly to Ms Norlita
- A personal statement on the importance of urban-related research
- A 3-page research proposal of a relevant project to be undertaken by CLC
- Complete list, if any, of past publications
- One recent sample of published work in English
- Official copies of Degree Transcripts
Only completed applications with the full set of requested documents will be considered. We regret to inform that only selected applicants will be contacted.
The deadline for submission of applications is 1 May 2020.