Urban Development Towards a Smart Nation Vision
This 5-day course is sponsored by the Government of Japan and the Government of Singapore under the Japan-Singapore Partnership Programme for the 21st Century (JSPP21). Through the course, participants will be able to understand the driving forces, challenges and opportunities for sustainable urban development, urban management and Smart Nation development from both Japan and Singapore. Participants will acquire practical policy application tips through action planning sessions with practitioners and exposure to case studies of urban development policies.
Learning journey to NEC
Action planning session with CLC Resource Persons
Learning journey to Yuhua HDB estate
- Urban governance for sustainable and smart cities
- Effective public involvement including community participation
- Public-private partnerships (PPPs) and smart urban solutions and business models
- Singapore’s Smart Nation programme—driving forces and key domain areas
- Urban management and analytics
- Social dimension of smart urban solutions through community engagement
- Participant must come from the following countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal. Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
- Participant to form part of a 2-3 persons team
- Participant must be fluent in spoken and written English
Under the JSPP21, the Governments of Japan and Singapore will bear the following expenses for successful applicants:
- An Economy Class round-trip air ticket between the respective international airports designated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Singapore
- A daily training allowance of One Hundred and Twenty Singapore Dollars (S$120) from the first day to the last day of the course. A proportionate reduction will be made if the participant is unable to attend the full course duration.
- Transportation to the training venue and site visits
- Training fees, including lecture fees, administrative fees and teaching materials
- Medical insurance to cover accident and hospitalisation during participant’s stay in Singapore in accordance with the policy of a local insurance company
- Accommodation for the entire course duration
Participants are to bear their personal miscellaneous expenses that might be incurred prior to receiving the allowance. Any expenses for out-patient medical/dental treatment will be borne by the participants themselves.
Applicants are expected to be nominated by their government and head departments or projects at a national or city level, related to the adoption and implementation of smart urban solutions, housing, transport, urban renewal/redevelopment, water, waste management or greening. Teams are expected to be headed by Director or DG-level officials accompanied by technical officers.
Selection of candidates for the limited number of training awards will be based on merit. The Governments of Japan and Singapore seek the understanding of the National Focal Point for Technical Assistance in the event that their nominee is not selected.
All applications are to be submitted online at https://start.wizvision.com/startpublic/
. Applications submitted online must be endorsed by the National Focal Point by Monday, 17 December 2018
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
if you encounter technical issues during application.
Download JSPP21 General Information Brochure PDF