City Executive Leaders Programme
City Executive Leaders Programme for all Public Service Officers
The City Executive Leaders (City EXCEL) Programme is a 5-day practitioner-led and project-based milestone foundation course designed for junior to mid-level Public Service officers with more than one year of working experience.
City EXCEL participants exploring Bishan – Ang Mo Kio Park, Singapore
City EXCEL participants with Deputy Secretary for Law Mr. Han Kok Juan and
Executive Director for Council for Estate Agencies Mr. Lee Kwong Weng
Participants will learn to apply the Singapore Liveability Framework, which was distilled from the experiences of pioneers who led Singapore’s urban planning and governance over the decades. The programme facilitates the exchange of experience among Public Service officers, Singapore pioneers and industry experts. Uniquely, it promotes networking among different Singapore agencies, and encourages officers to adopt a whole-of-government approach in solving current and future urban challenges in an integrated manner. Among the highlights of this course are the specially curated learning journeys designed for City EXCEL participants to learn about urban issues and the solutions that Singapore agencies have delivered since the 1950s.
Drawing upon the Singapore Liveability Framework, the City EXCEL programme spotlights the principles, considerations and constraints underpinning Singapore’s urban transformations. The programme utilises multi-disciplinary approaches to urban analysis, as well as knowledge sharing from urban practitioners in government, the private sector and the community to help participants break across silo perspectives. The programme is based on:
- Urban Systems Studies seminars – Delivered by urban pioneers on Singapore’s urban transformation, emphasising:
- A high quality of life and a sustainable environment through the creation of a green and blue, equitable and liveable environment
- A competitive economy through productive industrial infrastructure and economic vibrancy
- Effective integrated planning and development, and urban governance as expounded by the Singapore Liveability Framework
- Learning journeys – Highlighting how components of the Singapore Liveability Framework come together in a project, and how Singapore has managed to build up a competitive economy, a high quality of life and a sustainable environment
- Knowledge sharing by CLC researchers – Insights into various urban systems
- Dialogues and in-conversation sessions – Hear from a strong line-up of senior public sector leaders (Deputy Secretaries, Chief Executive Officers or Deputy Chief Executives of Ministries and Statutory Boards), as well as Singapore’s top urban practitioners and key representatives from industry and non-government organisations
- Group Projects – Brainstorming ideas to tackle urban challenges
Size: 1.11 MB
Download City Excel Brochure PDF
For more information about the programme, please email Christopher_SOON@mnd.gov.sg and Ying_Qing_CHUA@mnd.gov.sg.