As a knowledge centre for liveable and sustainable cities, the CLC Lecture Series is regularly organised to provide a platform for thought leaders and experts in urban development and planning to exchange ideas and share knowledge. Past speakers include Singapore urban pioneers Dr Liu Thai Ker, Mr Tan Gee Paw and Mr Philip Yeo; international speakers such as Mayor of Rotterdam Mr Ahmed Aboutaleb, Former Secretary for Development (Hong Kong SAR) Mrs Carrie Lam and city advocate Professor Greg Clark. These lectures are attended by a good mix of participants from the public and private sectors as well as academia, bringing about robust discussions and diversity of perspectives.
The Centre also partners public agencies and institutes of higher learning to co-curate lectures that offer a broader range of urban topics for discussion. Previous Singapore and international partners include:
- Institute of Real Estate Studies, National University of Singapore
- Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth
- Singapore Institute of Planners
- The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
- The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities
- Urban Land Institute
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore
For Lecture speaking opportunities, please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org.