The Centre offers the opportunity for you to be part of a dynamic and forward-looking team to drive the Centre’s mission to distil, create and share knowledge on liveable and sustainable cities. The Centre’s work spans research, capability development, advisory and knowledge platforms, including the World Cities Summit and World Cities Summit Mayors Forum.
Please refer to the following job openings available or visit the Singapore Government career website
for an updated list of openings for Ministry of National Development.
Openings for the Centre for Liveable Cities – Ministry of National Development
Positions Available: Senior Assistant Director/Assistant Director/Manager
The Centre for Liveable Cities is a knowledge centre in the Ministry of National Development with a mission to distil, create and share knowledge on liveable and sustainable cities. As a CLC officer, you will undertake CLC’s knowledge work in research, producing Urban Systems Studies and other challenging urban systems research projects. You will also play a role in planning and executing the biennial World Cities Summit and other platforms for sharing knowledge and have the opportunity to be involved in CLC’s capacity development programmes which train urban leaders from Singapore and other cities.
You can expect an engaging and enriching career at CLC, if you have a keen interest in understanding how cities plan, develop and are governed. You will help bring together senior policymakers and experts to address the contemporary challenges facing cities.
You should possess:
- 2 to 4 years of relevant working experience as a researcher, policy maker or practitioner involved in one or more of the five domains namely, urban planning; development or governance; economic competitiveness; environmental sustainability; and quality-of-life issues. Candidates with more years of work and supervisory experience will be considered for more senior positions.
For the respective research domains, we are looking for experience and interest in these areas:
- Environmental sustainability - sustainable development, energy, climate change, water, biodiversity and food.
- Urban Planning – urban planning & design, infrastructure planning & development, real estate and land and urban economics.
- Urban Analytics – smart city development & urban innovations, research using geospatial and analytic tools. Proficiency in GIS software, geospatial techniques and data analytic tools and knowledge of complex system science would be advantageous.
- Social - community dynamics within the built environment.
- Qualifications in Urban Planning, Urban Studies, Sustainable Development, Environmental Management, Environmental Studies, Engineering, Geography, Architecture, Real Estate, Economics, Information Technology, Anthropology, GIS Analytics or other related disciplines from a recognised university would be advantageous.
- An inquisitive mind with good communication, interpersonal skills and a sense of responsibility. Keen to explore knowledge on cities and deliver results in a research-oriented environment. Able to work independently and in a team; strong project management skills will be required for some positions.
Please submit your resumes and CVs to Audrey_TAY@mnd.gov.sg