Temasek Foundation International Leaders in Urban Governance Programme
The 10th edition of the Temasek Foundation Leaders in Urban Governance Programme (TFLUGP), organised by the Centre for Liveable Cities (CLC) and Temasek Foundation (TF), will be held on 20 - 24 November 2023, in Singapore (dates tbc). TFLUGP is an annual, five-day mayoral and senior executive level training programme that brings together city leaders and urban practitioners from Asia who are interested in developing high-density yet economically competitive, liveable and sustainable cities. The programme is targeted at the level of mayors, vice-mayors and municipal commissioners. It is practitioner-focused, action-oriented and covers topics such as urban governance, integrated master planning and development, land management, waste and water management, and infrastructure financing. A key feature of the programme is the expert-mentored action plan session/s where participants can work with Singapore practitioners to develop a one-year implementation strategy roadmap on their priority urban challenges. On the last day of the programme, cities will also have the opportunity to pitch their action plans to relevant private sector solution partners and funders for potential collaborations.
- Sharing of best practices and insights into Singapore’s development strategies
- Exclusive dialogues with past and present Singapore leaders
- Expert-mentored action planning session for submitted projects to be implemented over one year
- Networking and peer learning with experts and participating city leaders
- Site visits to experience urban solutions first-hand
“The presentation and case studies by the experts were well-done.”
Pasang Dorji, then Executive Secretary of Thimpu, Bhutan (TFILUGP 2016 alumni)
“The breadth of topics and programme structure were just right to provide a broad understanding without being too overwhelming… Learning by seeing was very insightful.”
Aidos Zhexenbay, Vice-Chairman, Almaty City Development Centre, Kazakhstan (TFILUGP 2016 alumni)
“I really appreciate the experience and learnt a lot.”
Chen Fugui, Executive Vice Mayor, Guangzhou Municipal Government, China (TFILUGP 2014 alumni)
“The programme will be useful for local city planning and administration for sustainable development.”
Burla Ramanjaneyulu, then Commissioner, Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation, India (TFILUGP 2012 alumni)
- Participants must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Participants’ proposed projects must be relevant to creating highly dense yet liveable cities
Sponsorship from Temasek Foundation International for the TFILUGP programme fee is available for selected participants that meet eligibility criteria. This is inclusive of programme materials, official meals, airport transfers and hotel accommodation in Singapore.
Cities are invited to nominate teams of three, headed by a city leader (governor/mayor/municipal commissioner) together with two other senior officials responsible for urban planning, development and governance. Cities are required to submit a concept paper on a project related to an urban challenge they wish to address over the course of a year, for the action planning sessions.
Once applications open, cities are to:
- Download and complete the application form for each city team member.
- Submit all members’ application forms, together with the city concept paper and other requested materials, to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application is 11 August 2023.
PDF: 520 KB
Download TFLUGP Brochure PDF
DOC: 198 KB
TFLUGP 2023 Application Form